companies have invested significant resources in developing an Internet
presence and would like to link site results to business results. Our
tracking and reporting solutions can help determine and monitor the relative
value of various intellectual property assets contained on your sites to
help you in determining the best way to allocate resources to further
develop the assets, and to measure the success of complementary activities
to drive traffic to the site.
Information used to create the reports is
stored in a tracking database to allow for sophisticated analysis, including
time series tracking (trends within assets over time) and path (sequence of
pages visited). It will also allow additional cross-tabs and drill-downs as
needed on an ad-hoc basis. It will also allow this architecture to be used
to support other data sources, such as shopping cart information.
The raw data used to support the analysis is
contained in various server log files. The Data Collection Module will query
the servers providing content of Tracked Assets, and merge the data into the
Report Database for analysis. The data collection can occur on a frequency
that is convenient to your business.
The Report Engine then parses the database
and tabulates the data in order to populate the online reports. Some
examples of types of analysis include:
- Hits within asset (total and unique
- Page views within asset (total and unique
- Visitors (total and unique)
- Average Amount of Time Viewing Asset (within
- Average Number of Pages Viewed (within a
- Number of orders (total and unique
- Average size of each order (in dollar and
- Number of products purchased (total and
- Percentage of Continuing Education users who
make a purchase
Additional analysis can be added as needed.